Sunday morning (two weeks ago), we checked out of our hotel in San Diego and started to head up to Los Angeles to see my grandma. We decided to take the I-5, which goes up the coast along the beach. Eventually, you drive right past the San Diego Temple. Mark and I had tried to find it on our honeymoon but we were on the wrong freeway, haha. I've always wanted to see it!
I mean, wow. It's much bigger in person, and every bit as majestic.
I loved this tree. Not sure what kind it was--it looked like an olive? Half the stuff that grows in California is stuff I never see around here.
The kids enjoyed getting their wiggles out on the huge lawn.
"Cheese". What hams.
Look! A little hummingbird joined us for the photo! Just flew right in for the photo op and then flew away.
While we were there, this nice looking family asked us to take their picture for them. We got to talking, asked where they were from....they're from Cedar City! Like, our Cedar City! They live just a few miles north of us and know a lot of the same people we do. (Mack and Rachel Urie) It is a small world, I am telling you.
I am glad we got the opportunity to go to the temple grounds and I hope we'll actually get to go in next time.
1 comment:
So pretty! I have always wanted to go to that Temple.
Post a Comment