What in the world?!??! LOL!!!!
I have been wanting to learn how to make one of these for years, and finally found a tutorial I [thought] I could understand here at Megan Poulton Designs. It's a convoluted way to sew a blanket, but I think everything was going fine until I tried to miter the corners, which you do on the interior. Then when I turned the whole thing inside out, they either wanted to pop up or down.
If you've been following my blog for a while, you might already know of my arch nemesis, mitered corners, which I can't sew to save my life. I thought I'd finally conquer today, but I guess not! It's a good thing I was trying my first one on fabric I didn't really care about...
This is what it looks like when I try to lay it flat. If it wasn't so funny, I'd probably be upset!!! Ha!!
Looks like I inadvertently made a big gusset. I could turn this into a huge floor pillow if it wasn't in baby boy fabric...maybe I could sew a separate cover? Hmmmm..
I might have been able to unpick the corners and try again, but I already cut off the extra fabric (because I'm a genius). I guess I'll go practice on some scraps and try all over again!
4 comments:
Crazy, i am inthe process of doing a tutorial on this. Should be up tonight. Might help?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has sewing mishaps! So cute otherwise,, though ;)
That fabric is adorable!!! It's better than anything I could have done!
I did the exact same fail on that thing! The way to figure it out is scraps, and don't sew anything, just turn it inside out unsewn and iron the seam both ways, then you can sew on your creases. At least, that was how I figured it out if I am remembering right. Good luck!
Post a Comment